Dog DAYCARE & BOARDING
Overnight Lodging & PUPPY Training
- Owned by a TRAINER!
- Professionally-trained staff!
- State of the Art Cleaning system!
- Hopital-grade disinfectant!
- Full-view GLASS-front bedrooms!
- Ultra-CLEAN Dog Turf!
- SWIMMING Pools!
- COMFY Couches!
- CUSTOMIZED Care!
- FUN & Friends!
- LOVE & Affection!
We DOGS & CATS
Love every wonderful thing about them-from Puppy Breath to Dog Kisses! We know that when you are away, you need to know that your dogs are well-cared for and having fun at their “home away from home!”
FUN, INTERACTIVE LODGING
We provide full service, interactive daycare and lodging! No boring chain link and concrete “doggie jails” here! Treat your dog to FUN! FUN! FUN! Play N Stay Pet Camp is a fun, stimulating environment for dogs that like to play “in a pack.”
The safety of all our guests, Play N Stay staff evaluate all dogs for aggression, behavior, suitability, and health before they are allowed to join our group. Our dog profile is not an evaluation to determine the good dogs from the bad dogs- it is only an evaluation to determine if your dog is “group play” compatible.
Supervision and control
The most important part of safe play. Left on their own, dogs may bully one another and/or injure one another unintentionally by rough play. At Play N Stay, we match compatible sizes and personalities and supervise all interactions to ensure a positive experience for all. It is also extremely important to us that not only does your dog get tons of exercise, but that he or she feels SAFE and SECURE for maximum FUN!
Play N Stay Pet Camp is the ONLY interactive play facility
that is LOCALLY-OWNED & OPERATED by a TRAINER!
Our GROUP LEADERS each receive 300+ hours of Staff training in
Group Play dynamics & maintaining a HEALTHY balance!
HOW WE SPEND THE DAY
A typical day at Play N Stay consists of several trips to our HUGE outside turfed play yards for safe, off-leash play and exercise. When we aren’t outside, the dogs will enjoy playing in our indoor playroom, which is complete with couches and doggie beds for the ultimate lounging experience.
In the middle of the day we have naptime and treats which helps to calm the dogs and let them get some rest in preparation for the afternoon activities. Although we specialize in cage-free boarding, if your dog prefers a crate or is being crate-trained, we can accommodate him with a crate at your request.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- It's Fun for dogs
- Very well-trained staff
- We love dogs
- Supervision of your dog is our top priority
- Its not a job-its an adventure
- Its SUPER Clean
- Veterinarian Recommended
- Bedrooms, not Cages
It’s FUN FOR DOGS!
From balls to squeak toys to peanut butter filled toys to grassy play yards to “bacon-flavored bubble guns”, we are ALL ABOUT FUN!
VERY WELL-TRAINED STAFF!
Many facilities run like a supervised dog park – they pay low-wage staff to put dogs together and hope for the best. WE are WAY better than that! Our staff complete 300+ hours of training and testing before they are certified to run groups at Play N Stay. We MANAGE our groups, teaching the dogs to be mannerly and not offend others. No bullying is allowed, and your dog is likely to go home with a great understanding of “The 6 Words We Live By” – SIT, BACK, WAIT, OFF, LEAVE-IT, and COME! You can even sign your dog up for a PRIVATE TRAINING SESSION, utilizing our Pampered Preferences form on our Express Check-In!
WE LOVE DOGS!
Our staff are not hired as “kennel help.” We hire amazing ROCKSTARS, who are dog lovers, then we train them to manage dogs in a pack! We rub dog bellies, give and get doggie kisses, and pass out treats. All our staff own dogs as house pets and give your dogs the same wonderful treatment that they give their dogs at home. Looking to join our pack? Visit our CAREERS page for the scoop!
SUPERVISION OF YOUR DOG IS OUR TOP PRIORITY!
The primary concern at veterinary hospitals is sick animals and the owners of these ailing pets.
The primary concern at grooming salons is the demanding timelines of grooming dogs and making sure they are finished and ready to go by their pickup deadline.
The primary concern at many economy boarding kennels is packing out as many runs as possible, minimizing attending staff to keep expenses super low. Traditional kennels provide a safe, secure environment with food and fresh water only. Your dog will either attend to his own needs (inside/outside runs) or will be placed outside to do his business 2-4 times per day.
OUR TEAM OF ELITE DOG CARE PROFESSIONALS ARE PAID TO CARE FOR OUR DOGGIE HOUSE GUESTS and MAKE SURE THEY ARE HAPPY and SAFE-PERIOD! We spend ALL OF OUR DAY playing with dogs, making trips outside (lots of trips per day), cleaning, and managing/supervising group play activities! Although we DO offer grooming services on site, we are careful staff extra people, so that our doggie guests are not slighted!
IT’S NOT A JOB-IT’S AN ADVENTURE!
WE HAVE A FABULOUS SAFETY RECORD! I know it may sound scary to think that your dog will be around other dogs in a group. Although we are cautious, we aren’t scared. It’s ALL about the screening, introduction, and staff training! Unlike dog parks, we don’t just throw dogs together and hope for the best! Our introduction and screening process have been developed for success! All screenings and group introductions are managed by qualified staff. Also, our staff understand the importance of being assertive, but calm, pack leaders. This is our turf, and we are in charge. That keeps our doggie guests from fighting for the top dog position. Dogs are matched in play groups with dogs of similar size, temperament and personality. We often run at least 3 play groups: the “big,young bucks” play group, the “mediums”, and the “princess/geriatric/teacup” play group. This helps to ensure that OUR DOGGIE HOUSE GUESTS SPEND THEIR DAY THEIR WAY! Dogs are ALWAYS in their individual bedrooms for meals and sleeping times.
IT’S SUPER CLEAN!
Our state-of-the-art Central wet/dry vacuum system dispenses eco-friendly, safe, Hospital-grade disinfectant and all of the dirty stuff and dirty water are whisked away to the sewer. No brooms, mops, garden hoses, or pressure washers are used around the dogs in our facility-NO WAY! The cleaning system we use is common in hospitals in Australia and Canada, and it’s far superior to old, wet, traditional ways of cleaning. Less humidity and dampness means a cleaner, fresher, healthier facility! Additionally, our specially made dog-turf can be disinfected thoroughly…and NO MUD!
We are proud to have SEVERAL local veterinarians as clients! We are also proud that MANY local veterinarians recommend Play N Stay Pet Camp exclusively to their patients!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is your facility open "by appointment only?"
Our dog handlers are on the property for much of the day, but do not handle front office/lobby responsibilities. Additionally, because of the interactive nature of our facility, the dogs spend very little time in their rooms. They are usually out hanging around and playing like house dogs. This time is very special, because we can spend uninterrupted time with our doggie guests. For the safety of our guests, all doors remain locked when the dogs are playing. When we are expecting an appointment, all dogs are placed in their bedrooms for their safety, so that they don’t “charge the door”, which could be very overwhelming for a new guest or visitor and unsafe for a “normally stable” playgroup of dogs. But most importantly, we wouldn’t leave a group of dogs unattended to take care of a person. So that’s why we do everything by appointment…so that we can plan our day and play time with the dogs. It just works better that way! That’s also why we ask that you aren’t any more than 10 minutes early or late for your appointment. If you come early, we probably don’t have the dogs where we need them to be, and you will likely have to wait to get in. If you arrive late, you’ve made the dogs stay in their rooms longer than they needed to be. Thanks for understanding and feel free to call if you won’t arrive on time!
Why do I often get voice mail when I call?
Is someone there all night?
What should we bring?
Do you offer grooming prior to pickup?
Why must a dog older than 6 months of age be neutered or spayed?
That said, we do sometimes make exceptions, for an additional fee (they require more management)…so don’t be afraid to ask!
Can my dogs stay in the same bedroom?
We will NOT combine dogs from different families/households in the same bedroom, under any circumstances.
What if my dog doesn’t like other dogs?
If it is determined that your dog is NOT suitable for group play, we will determine whether it will be accepted into our “private play” care at camp, so that it still has a great time with us and our staff! (“Private play” space is limited.)
How old does my puppy have to be to attend camp?
IF YOUR PUPPY IS YOUNGER THAN 16 WEEKS, we do offer AMAZING Puppy Training and Socialization Programs! Be sure to check it out!
Why do you require a “Meet and Greet”?
Why does my dog do well at Play N Stay, but he's a jerk with other dogs when I take him for a walk?
- OWNERS AREN’T PRESENT: Dogs act differently when they are on leash with their owners. Dogs can be best friends in group, but if we put them on leash in our lobby, with owners present, it gets dicey. There’s a natural protection dynamic that shows up. This is why we don’t let dogs meet in our lobby or our parking lot.
- GROUPS ARE CAREFULLY BUILT, NOT “ONE SIZE FITS ALL”: Each dog’s play group is hand-selected by an elite team of dog care professionals. Our groups are built with a group of carefully-screened. hand-selected dogs that match the temperament and play style of the dogs that are present that day.. On a typical day, we run anywhere from 3 to 8 DIFFERENT play groups, to accommodate all sizes, temperaments, play styles, and breed characteristics..We don’t haphazardly throw dogs together “dog park style” and hope for the best.
- LEADERSHIP: We LEAD our groups. Our team members are thoroughly trained in dog body language, pack structure, arousal levels, pack-dynamics, leadership, and the subtle indicators that a dog may need more space, may need a break, is nervous or unsure, is being too pushy, or is trying to run the show. Without a clear, mindful, and knowledgeable leader, dogs must figure it out for themselves, in order to develop their a leadership structure and pack hierarchy. This leads to trouble in the pack. Our group leaders don’t simply “attend” the play group, they LEAD it.
Why is Play N Stay Pet Camp the BEST?
- ESTABLISHED IN 2006. We’ve got more experience than ANYONE in the valley doing interactive play groups.
- TOP-QUALITY FACILITIES: Central Wet/Dry vacuum, 8′ high fences, raised cots in every room, full glass doors, antimicrobial pet turf, online booking, facebook pics, a la carte services…only the best!
- WE ARE EXPERTS, even though WE MAKE IT LOOK EASY. We also make it FUN! The fact is: It’s WAY harder than it looks, if you are going to do it right! We’ve learned how to keep dogs happy and safe, and to run a successful facility. Our standards and practices are VERY high. Some of the issues a boarding or daycare facility faces are: Dog body language training, recognizing problem behaviors, preventing escalation of problem behaviors, medications, food allergies, food aggression, toy possession, tracking behavior, vet visit protocols, sanitization and disinfection protocol, balancing play and rest, illness and injury procedures, fence heights and weaknesses, multiple barricades preventing escape, gate security, gentle handling, separation of dogs based on size and temperament, pool safety, handler distractions, grooming needs, staff recruitment, staff communication, staff happiness, client care, billing, tracking belongings, etc. We’ve mastered ALL of it, and rarely run into an issue for which we haven’t prepared AND trained.
- LOTS OF TIME AND ATTENTION: Our #1 expense is payroll. We expect our team to spend a lot of time to give each and every dog the very best. Your dog is KNOWN and LOVED, and NOT just a number! Your boarding or daycare dog is not simply getting a service that’s offered “on the side” of a veterinary or grooming business. It’s our MAIN DISH! As the old saying goes, “You get what you pay for.”
- WE ONLY HIRE THE BEST: Our interview and screening process is STRICT and SPECIALIZED! We don’t hire just warm bodies with a pulse, which is how many facilities operate. Our team members were screened heavily and interviewed thoroughly. We ONLY HIRE 1-2% of applicants. Only the BEST for your pet!
- STAFF TRAINING: I know we mentioned it before, but it’s worth mentioning again! Our training is intense! New hires can’t even TOUCH a dog in their first 2 weeks of training! YOU READ THAT RIGHT! Our group leaders have OVER 300 hours of TRAINING and CERTIFICATIONS, before they can handle a group on their own! Online providers and in-home providers offer little to no staff training. Their safety ratings, reviews, and nightmare stories showcase that miss. Being a “dog lover” is NOT enough.
- HAPPY TEAM MEMBERS: We hire happy people. We teach them dog care. We teach them communication. We support them. We pay them well. At the same time, they EARN their raises by taking their learning to NEW LEVELS! Our team members DRIVE their own WAGE, based on learning, growing, and ongoing-development of themselves AND each other!
- We LEAD the INDUSTRY with NATIONWIDE CONSULTING: Dog daycare/dog hotel owners across America use our consulting service to help them reach their full potential. We coach, we assist, we travel to them for hands on training, we trouble-shoot emergencies. We support our industry and our colleagues by sharing our knowledge and expertise.
- FAMILY-OWNED and OPERATED: We are local to the valley. Owners are ORIGINAL owners and have been with the company since it was just a twinkle in the owners’ eyes.
- OWNED by DOG TRAINERS. Every interaction with a dog is a teachable moment. It’s important that your dog is handled well and handled consistently, so that he will not be confused. Gentle and kind handling is a learned skill. Need we say more?
- LICENSED and INSURED: Our facility is a fully-registered, law-abiding, tax-paying business at all locations. Many smaller care-providers are not. BE AWARE: If your care provider does not charge sales tax in the state of WV, they are likely an illegitimate and unlicensed business.
PURPOSE & VALUES
Play N Stay Pet Camp is a HAPPY, HEALTHY, & GROWING company!
Our fun, friendly, & knowledgeable staff provides EXCEPTIONAL care for our
4-legged clients (and their humans!) in a SAFE, FUN, & INTERACTIVE environment.
- We are ALL ABOUT THE DOGS & CATS and their people!
- We are LEADERS: industry-leaders, pack leaders, staff-leaders, & thought-leaders.
- We support the growth, health, & well-being of pets, humans, and the company.
- We treat everyone (people & pets) with dignity and respect.
- We communicate openly & honestly.
- We display a positive, welcoming, & helpful attitude.
- We value learning, teaching, & the ongoing development of each other.
- We celebrate & reward accomplishments & A+ players!
We are ALWAYS hiring ROCKSTARS!
Put your LOVE of DOGS to WORK!
We are purpose and values-driven company,
with locations in St. Clairsville, Ohio, and Wheeling, WV.
We WANT to MEET YOU!!
Bring your completed job app into our WHEELING location (even if you are applying for STC)
ANY Monday thru Friday 4-6:30 PM.
NOT -PREFERRED :
I LOVE bonding with the clients, decorating the office for parties, AND my awesome coworkers!
I love seeing just how much we matter to the clients and how much they appreciate what we do! The environment and my coworkers make me wonder if I’d ever be as comfortable or happy working anywhere else!
I love working with a team where we can talk about anything and work through any problem because we truly care about each other. Most of all i love the dogs! Caring for them and knowing that what i do everyday really matters makes me smile 💓
I LOVE working with people who are very kind and being in a drama free environment!
I love being able to be the best part of a dog’s day! For a lot of dogs, Play N Stay is the most fun that they get to have, and I love being able to be their source of fun, exercise, love, and stimulation!💛
We have created a team of elite pet care professionals! We hire people with heart, sunshine, grit, tenacity, and a willingness to learn, and together we inspire each other, our clients, and our dogs to be better than they ever thought possible! We teach and learn, inspire and grow, and it just keeps getting better and better!
The BUSY SEASON is coming!
NOW HIRING –
STC and WHG Locations!
Pet Care Specialists
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Seasonal (Late Spring/All Summer)
To LEARN MORE about this position, click the photo to the LEFT!
More about working with the Play N Stay Team:
⭐️ WANT TO WORK WITH AN ELITE TEAM OF PET CARE PROFESSIONALS? Take our quiz to see if you have what it takes! ⭐️
Looking for a rewarding career working with dogs? 🐶 ❤️ 💰
Ready to be a part of a winning ream, that’s fun, low drama, and friendly? 😁😁😁
Consider joining the BEST Pet Care Team in the Valley!
Play N Stay Pet Camp is looking for the right candidates to fill pet care positions at their Wheeling and St. Clairsville locations!
WEEKENDS and some holidays are required – and pay more than weekdays! 👍 👍
Must work at least 2 days a week!
Play N Stay Pet Camp PERKS include (but are not limited to):
✔️ On-the-job training! We hire for attitude and train the rest! 💥
✔️ $1.00 per hour Availability Bonus for those available 30+ hours a week, including weekends!
✔️ $1.00 an hour MORE on the weekend shifts, after 300 hours of experience!
✔️ Employee Discount on Pet Daycare and Boarding!
✔️ Employee Discount on all Retail!
✔️ FREE and Discounted Spa Services (for YOU) at our Sister Company, “ThrIVe”!
✔️ Earn time-and-a-half on these holidays: New Year’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve!
✔️ Paid Time Off (starts accruing on day one!)
✔️ Finished by 7:30PM every evening!
✔️ Access to Supplemental Health Insurance!
✔️ Eligible for monthly prizes in our “Rockstar of the Month” Program
✔️ Get paid to have healthy habits, with out quarterly Workplace Wellness Challenge!
✔️ Get paid to care for pets in our rescue program!
✔️ Join us in giving back to our community through our work with the American Heart Association and local animal organizations!
✔️ Unlimited career growth potential! Love to learn, grow, and celebrate others learning and development? We do too! Our leaders are amazing! The sky is the limit!
The CULTURE at Play N Stay is built on our shared commitment to our core values –
We learn, we teach, we grow, we celebrate! We build trust at every opportunity- communicating openly, honestly, and with care.
We lead ourselves, our clients, our team, and our industry.
We utilize our knowledge, skills, & expertise to provide exceptional care.
We partner in the success & health of our company.
We achieve balance through awareness, anticipation, & adaptability.
We are accountable to ourselves and each other.
We are safe, AND we have fun!